Elevate Church - Moldolva Medical Mission Blog


On Sept 14, 2013 a group of 11 missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Moldova to support an 8 day medical mission. The team will be working with New Hope Moldova, and Oleg and Marina Reutki, to provide both physical and spiritual healing to those living in Moldova.


To receive e-mail notification of updates, enter your email address in the box below

Sunday, September 8, 2013

A chnge 4 all involved

While we were sitting as a team in service, with our Team Moldova shirts for the first time, the band played these words that spoke to my heart......

"Now's the time for us to rise 
and carry hope and let love shine 
and show this world that mercy is alive" 

Tears were streaming down my face, feeling overwhelmed, knowing we are heading to the poorest country in Europe to make a difference in our world, to show the love of Christ to people who have lost hope. Church (a body of believers) is a big deal. 

People have asked, "why would you want to go to Moldova?" My response, "We are going on a medical mission trip and although I don't have a license like my talented team members, I have experienced God's healing and He is continuing to heal me. I continued, through the years God has placed people in my life, non deserving of course who have showed His love, grace and mercy so why not help someone in return? Hope makes ALL the difference."

I was raised in church and I was taught of His love but I never really understood what it meant, as in the song by Casting Crown's "Who am I". I went through most of my life thinking I had to earn it. There was always a void, not knowing Christ's love for me, so I filled it with search for money, relationships, a marriage, alcohol, a new car, a new house, a title at work, new clothes, things, because they would make me happy and whole, right?

Life happened and I ran away from my relationship with Christ because I thought I had let Him down. I then turned my back on the church because the church, all they do is judge people. Was that truth? Or was that MY excuse to cover MY sin. I had lost hope in people, in things, myself and even God. I finally said ok God whatever you want, you know me better than I know myself, you created me. Let's do this. Show me what you've got for me. 

I'm not going to lie. The past 3 years have been tough. Growing isn't easy OR comfortable. It.....is....HARD WORK. The saying "the truth will set you free but first it will tick you off" oh yeah, things you never knew you were holding on to.....humbling, very humbling. My faith in Him keeps me going.

Through it all God continues to show His love and grace. He is healing me because I am willing. I so badly want the life He has for me. He has healed many of the lie's I have believed about myself. Many of my beliefs, perceptions, and the strongholds that I had built in my mind and around my heart for protection from the hurts of life.

Fears, anger, rage, resentment, bitterness, shame, guilt, jealousy, pride, hopelessness, feelings of defeat. All the emotions that we bury since childhood because it hurts to much to deal with them.  The physical affect to the body is like ya know, a ton of bricks. Imagine what it would feel like if those bricks were lifted, FREEDOM!, from the Healer.

My faith and hope have always been in the Lord but I must admit I was scared of Him. You see the part I took away from church was His law not His love.  After "getting it" and knowing I cannot be perfect,  I now realize that He isn't the enemy, our sin is the enemy. He is my best friend, always there for me.

Sin is keeping us from all the blessings, the peace and pure joy. Sin could be as simple as a thought/mindset about ourselves or others because it doesn't line up with God's word. You see my belief about living God's law was standing in the way of experiencing His love, mercy and forgiveness. Wasn't that the reason why I ran?

Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- His good, pleasing and perfect will.

Thankful for the people of Elevate a place where God revives, rebuilds and restores people's lives. 

I cannot express the excitement I am feeling to be able to share the mercy, grace, forgiveness, hope, peace and love that He has shown me in my life with the people of Moldova so they too can experience His FREEDOM!

To our team, I am so thankful to have such talented, fun, loving, caring group of people to share this time with.....this friends....is gonna be GOOD!!! :D

To all my family and friends thank you for reading. I am hoping we can get 10 min of wifi daily so I can update. If not I will be writing in my journal daily and will share when we get home :)

Till next time.....overwhelmed by His goodness......







4 comments:

  1. beautiful joy, As you head into moldova I pray that Gods love will shine through you and spread throughout the community. Your team is such a blessing. Praise God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your support Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your support Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete