Elevate Church - Moldolva Medical Mission Blog


On Sept 14, 2013 a group of 11 missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Moldova to support an 8 day medical mission. The team will be working with New Hope Moldova, and Oleg and Marina Reutki, to provide both physical and spiritual healing to those living in Moldova.


To receive e-mail notification of updates, enter your email address in the box below

Monday, September 16, 2013

Team on fire!

It's been such a rewarding day! Our team is full of talent.  God is using us in those talents and everything fit like a glove.  There were some set backs but as always our fearless leader Oleg was able to get another doctor within an hour of the clinic opening.

I can say that everyday is a new blessing in it's own way.  Have you ever had an ah ha moment? Where the hard times in the past make complete sense in the present?  There are no words for what I feel. 

Beth, Janice, Patty and Sara were rock stars, seeing 89 patients between 3 of them, while Sara was helping the doctor.  I felt led to pray with the patients as they left and once again I was truly blessed.  The first three people were experiencing life challenges that I had faced in my life. All challenges that I have faced in the last three years, that ah ha moment. I could relate, show compassion and pray for the part of the body that was experiencing the trama.

Another woman had the same name as my Great Great Grandmother, which was unusal just made me feel at home. I was reminded of how close I am to Poland where my ancestors are from.  The language, oh yeah my dad always said, "Nasdarovje" which means, cheers to your health in Russian.  The words that the Moldovan people shared will forever live in my heart.

This area has been oppressed for too many years. It has worn on people's hearts and minds which affects generation after generation. It stops here. Resoration is in progress here, changing one life will change many. It may not be seen right away but it's happening. At New Hope Moldova today hope was ALIVE!  God's love continues to pour out on the people of Moldova and I'm so thankul to be a part of it.

We had a great Moldovan meal and fellowship.  I cannot say enough about the people I am serving with. Familia :)

Tomorrow we head out to the orphanage, cannot wait to see what's in store! 

No comments:

Post a Comment