Elevate Church - Moldolva Medical Mission Blog


On Sept 14, 2013 a group of 11 missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Moldova to support an 8 day medical mission. The team will be working with New Hope Moldova, and Oleg and Marina Reutki, to provide both physical and spiritual healing to those living in Moldova.


To receive e-mail notification of updates, enter your email address in the box below

Monday, September 16, 2013

amazing 1st day of clinic

Well it was 1st.day doing clinic...and I am having a difficult time putting today into words, but I am going to try. I thought I was overwhelmed with emotions on day of leaving..today compares to nothing I have ever experienced..not even  during the health scare I had 5 yrs ago. I am mad that these people of Moldova are  victims of political and legalistic battles. I am in awe how they take their  dire situations and live with such gratitude on their simplicity  of their lives. I have never seen such heartful gratitude for a simple smile, touch of a arm while taking a B/P,taking a Temperture and or asking if we can pray with them. While I am finishing up their paper work, I can barely finish with a" God Bless"because I am struggling not to cry.  But I know I can't because my translator sometimes struggle with my fast talking..let a lone a stuffy nose, lol. I am so humbled that God is using me and our team to serve him. God is almighty and amazing.Looking forward to continuing God's work with my awesome team:)



4 comments:

  1. Love you! What a blessing you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you my dear friend! Praying for the whole team...May God bless all of you as you bless others.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our dearest daughter, How are you? We miss you and Eric so very much and continue our prayers for all of you. I shared last night at our meeting to our members about your amazing journey. I knew you would have a hard time as you have such a big heart, as big as the sky. As you pray, pray also for me, as I pray for all or you and your families whom you meet each day.Judy sends her love and so does the nice fellow from the gym. We love you and miss you, and everything at home is fine. Max and Morgan have not visited Dr. Smith. here is s a big kiss from me and dad, and give one to Eric. Stay safe, and Thank you Jesus....

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI PATTI THIS TIS DAD GLAD YOU ALL ARE DOING FINE CANT WAIT TO HAVE YOUALL BACK HOME AGAIN,I KNOW IT SOUNDS SELFISH. BUT I MISS YOU AND ERIC VERY MUCH.WELL PATTI, I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THRU I ALSO HAVE IT IN VIET-NAM NOT VERY PRETTY IS IT? AND JUST THINK, THATS ONLY ONE COUNTRY YOU ARE SEEING IN DESPAIR.BUT THEY ARE RICHER THEN MOST PEOPLE IN MANY WAYS FOR THE LORD SAYS THE POOR WILL ENTER WILL MY KINGDOM AND THE RICH WHO DONOT DO RIGHT WITH WHAT I GAVE WILL BE THROWN INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE.SO YOU SEE HONEY, WE ARE PUT THRU TEST. GOD KNOWS WHY SOME PEOPLE HAVE LESS THEN OTHERS. WHAT GOD GAVE YOU TODAY IS ALL GOD WANTED YOU TO HAVE.AND TOMORROW HE WILL GIVE WHAT YOU NEED THE FOR THAT DAY. SO WHEN YOU COME HOME YOU WILL STILL FEEL THE PAIN,THE GUILT OF HAVING WHAT YOU HAVE AND WHAT THEY DONT HAVE.BUT LET US NOT FORGET GOD GAVE YOU WHAT YOU HAVE ,AND GAVE THEM WHAT THEY HAVE. NOW, IF YOU WANT TO SHARE WHAT YOU HAVE ITS UP TO YOU,BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO FEEL GUILTY OF WHAT YOU HAVE JUST DO RIGHT OF WHAT YOU HAVE.YOU AND I CANT FEED AND CARE FOR EVERYBODY IN THIS WORLD BUT WE CAN SHARE WHICH I PLAN IN DOING IN SOME WAY. AND WE CAN SURELY PRAY FOR THEM.LIFE IS FULL OF SURPRISES,DISAPPOINTMENTS,AND HURTFUL THINGS,DENIAL,SINFUL THINGS ,HARDSHIPS AND SO ON. AND WITH THE LOADS HELP WE WILL OVER COME ALL.FOR GOD HAS NOT FORGOTTEN US OR THEM WHO YOU SEE IN NEED OF LOVE AND CARE.ITS OUR TEST HOW WE HANDLE THINGS.IT JUST SO HAPPENS THAT HE GAVE SOME PEOPLE A HARDER TEST.WEEL HONEY, AS YOU WELL KNOW I DONT TYPE YOU CAN IMAGINE HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO FINGER TYPE THIS .BUT INJOY IT. IT MADE ME FEEL CLOSER TO YOU.YOU ARE A PIECE OF MY HEART THAT IS MISSING CANT WAIT TO HAVE YOU HOME AGAIN TELL ERIC THAT I LOVE HIM AND COULDNT ASK FOR A BETTER SON IN LAW.IM SO PROUD OF BOTH OF YOU.FOR THAT MATTER FOR ALL OF YOUR TEAM TOO.GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU AND BRING YOU HOME SAVE . LOVE AND MISS YOU BOTH DAD.

    ReplyDelete