Elevate Church - Moldolva Medical Mission Blog


On Sept 14, 2013 a group of 11 missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Moldova to support an 8 day medical mission. The team will be working with New Hope Moldova, and Oleg and Marina Reutki, to provide both physical and spiritual healing to those living in Moldova.


To receive e-mail notification of updates, enter your email address in the box below

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Moldova children

One word to describe today......wrecked

We started the day on a little tour of the areas where the pimps live.  It is a community nestled near the rail yard, positioned so that they can send girls on the train to Moscow.  Last week alone 17 children have disappeared in Chisinau.  An abandoned factory also sits on the property where they have found bodies hung and decapitated.

Yesterday I had the words of a song stuck in my head, "break my heart for what breaks yours" At the top of that hill Oleg led us in prayer that started, "break our hearts for what breaks yours"  wrecked.......

The rest of the day was spent visiting the child protection home, an orphange and one of the New Hope Moldova transition homes.  Spending time with the kids playing games, laughing, singing and hugging made a complete difference.  At the orphange while we were playing with the kids, giving gifts and showing love I had a vision of Jesus with the little children.  I felt His heart toward them.....wrecked.....

I now see why Oleg is so driven.  These children are starving for attention and that is how they end up victims of human trafficking.  I can't help but feel helpless. Helpless because what can I do in just one day??  Reminding myself that Jesus is their Father and I can love them from a distance through prayer.

My new friend is Christina, she is 17 and in a transition home.  Her mother died at 7 and her father makes $14 a month.  Her step mother rejected her.  She gave me a bracelet, so giving even though she has nothing.
Again.....wrecked.....

2 comments:

  1. I cannot even imagine Joy. You can only do what you can while you are there...and that is to constantly keep them in your prayers during your mission work. Be safe. Love, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mindy. Da (yes in Russian, lol) Last night I shared with a volunteer from the village of Sofia, that I felt I needed to do more. He said just the simple gesture of a smile, a prayer, showing we care can change a person. It did for him at the age of 16 he was abandoned by both parents and because people gave to him he now gives back. We were all in tears, what an amazing man!

    ReplyDelete